New temporary part-time work position
Denis Jacob Machado March 15, 2023
We are hiring a Phylogenetics and Artificial Intelligence Specialist
- Position Number: STMP15
- Working Title: Phylogenetics and Artificial Intelligence Specialist
- Work Unit: CIPHER
- Vacancy: Open To All Candidates
- Position Designation: Non-Student Temporary
- Employment Type: Temporary - Part-time
- Hours per week: 20
- Work Schedule: M-F 4hrs per day
- Pay Rate: $20 to $25 per hour
- Minimum Experience/Education: Master’s degree in computer science, bioinformatics, biology, genetics, evolution, virology, microbiology, or equivalent.
- Departmental Preferred Experience, Skills, Training/Education:
- Ethical and self-motivated.
- Software and operating systems: Python3, R, Unix-based OS (Linux or MacOS)
- Experience with machine learning and molecular sequence analysis
- Some training in molecular phylogenetic systematics
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills. Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work part-time (20 hours per week).
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successful candidates will analyze, design, develop, and modify our existing software applications and develop new ones using various technologies such as Python and R.
- You are an ideal candidate if you can demonstrate a love of learning through personal, collegiate, or professional project work. Also, you would show a passion problem-solving and scientific research.
- The work will orbit around phylogenetic and machine-learning applications with a focus on the evolution of pathogens
- Proposed Hire Date 04/10/2023
- Posting Close Date 03/30/2023
Special Notes to Applicants
For other information about the Phyloinformatics Lab, please visit https://phyloinformatics.com.
Part-time, temporary positions do not offer healthcare benefits, leave accrual (paid time off), or retirement entitlement (state service).
Please upload the following three documents with your electronic submission:
- A cover letter (letter paper, 1-inch margins, font size 12, double-spaced, up to two pages).
- A résumé or complete Curriculum Vitae (any format).
- Contact information for two professional references (name, position, institution, and institutional email).
- Other Documents: Unnoficial transcript
Apply at NinerTalent
A new HPC training module for UNC Charlotte's URC